As part of our efforts to continuously improve MAP Growth and to ensure you have a secure and flawless testing experience, NWEA must occasionally end support for older browsers and operating systems. The details below include important information and updates for the next school year. Please review the operating systems at your workstations and make any necessary upgrades prior to fall testing to ensure a smooth testing experience.
New Windows Secure Testing Browser (Lockdown browser)
- A new Windows Secure Testing Browser (version 18.104.22.168) is available for download starting June 17, 2019. This new Secure Testing Browser version will be required for testing in November 2019.
- After July 22, 2019, the minimum required version of the Windows Secure Testing Browser will be 22.214.171.124 which was released on June 8, 2018. Earlier versions will no longer be permitted for MAP Growth testing.
New Mac Testing Requirement
- NWEA Secure Testing Browser minimum requirement for Mac has been raised to 126.96.36.199.
- NWEA will match Apple to only support Mac OSX 10.12 or higher.
New Chromebook app (version 3.1.0) is available starting June 17, 2019
Discontinuing support for iOS 9 and 10
- Starting July 22, 2019, iOS 9 and 10 will no longer be supported for iPad testing. Please plan accordingly and update your iOS version. This change will make testing on 4th generation iPads no longer possible.
Other Testing Browsers not supported
- Safari: 9.x and 10.x
- Firefox: Versions below 64
- Chrome: Versions below 71
Other Secure Testing Browsers and apps not supported
- Mac Secure Testing Browser: Versions below 188.8.131.52
- iPad Secure Testing App: Versions below 3.2
- Chrome Secure Testing App: Versions below 3.0.2
Not sure where to access the Secure Testing Browsers and apps? page in our online community (NWEA Connection) provides access to these valuable resources along with technology guides to help your district’s IT professionals prepare for fall testing. You can also participate in our discussions forum by sharing lab set-up practices and assisting other community members with your expertise. If you have any questions, please contact Partner Support.