Your Avatar is a great way for people to “meet” and recognize you in person. Your avatar lets community members quickly associate your comments and status updates with your face or a simple visual cue. Your Avatar is the image that appears in the top left corner of your Profile page. Your Avatar will be the image that is associated with all of your contributions and will appear on the Hover Card when someone hovers the mouse over your name. In addition, you can upload up to ten (default; max 50) photos that people can see when they visit your profile.
To set your avatar:
- Click the drop down next to your avatar. This is usually located near the top right corner of the community.
- Choose the edit profile link.
- To choose, or upload, a new Avatar; click the Avatar Tab at the top of the page on the left. Select an Avatar from the gallery or click the Add another Avatar link.
- Browse to an image file on your computer that you’d like to upload.
- Click the Upload & Continue button.
- To crop your photo, drag the handles to select the portion of the photo you want to show, then drag the box to position your selection. Click the Crop Image button.
- Click Finish. Your image now appears selected in your avatar gallery.
- Click Finished.
To Add Photos:
- At the bottom of the left column on your profile page is a small gallery tile which others can use to view your personal photos. You may choose to upload a se of photos to help provide a little more information about yourself pictorially.
- To upload photos, click the Add Photos link on the Photos tile, or return to edit profile page and select the Photos tab at the top.
- Choose a vacant frame and click the Add Photo link.
- Browse your computer for the Photo you want to upload and click the Upload and Continue button.
- Crop the file and click the Crop Image button.
- On the final step, you have an option to set this newly upload Photo as your Avatar; this will add the new avatar to your list of custom avatars and automatically set it to your current avatar.
- Click Finished to set your photos and return to your profile page.