If you experience issues with a test item, you can report this to NWEA by submitting a problem item report.
To submit a problem item report during testing:
- Try to reload the test item first by refreshing the screen:
- For Windows: F5 (or Ctrl+R)
- For Macintosh: F5 (or Command+R)
- For Chromebooks and iPads: Click the Refresh icon
- If you are testing on a device without a keyboard (such as an iPad) and the item still doesn't function correctly, follow the steps below to receive a new item and report the issue:
- Pause and resume the test from your proctor console to generate a new test question.
- See the steps below under To submit a problem item report after testing: to report the problem to NWEA.
- If you do have a keyboard, while the item is on the student's screen, use the interrupt command to interrupt the test.
- Enter the Proctor Pin, found in the upper-right corner of the proctor's Test Students screen.
- Describe the issue in the text box provided. Information about the item and the student's computer will be included in the report automatically.
- Select Report Problem Item.
- Select Resume Test to continue testing. The student will get a new test item.
If you are unable to report the item during testing:
To submit a problem item report after testing:
- Download the problem item report form.
- Open the report form in Adobe Acrobat, and not in your web browser.
- Complete the form. If you do not have all of the information the form asks for, provide as much detail as you can.
- Click the Submit button on the form. This will automatically open your default email application, create and address a new email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and attach the form to the email.
- Send the email to submit the report.