If your text size scaling is set to "Larger" on Windows, this may change your screen resolution to be below the minimum required resolution of 1024 x 768 for testing.
To adjust the text size scaling (also known as dots-per-inch or DPI):
- Windows XP: Control Panel > Display > Appearance, and set Font Size to Normal.
- Windows 7: Control Panel > Display, and select Smaller - 100% (default).
- Windows 8 and 8.1: Control Panel > Display, and drag the slider bar to Smaller.
- Windows 8.1: Control Panel > Display, and uncheck the box "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays".
- Windows 10: Settings > System > Display, and set the menu Change the size of text, apps, and other items to 100%.