Which grades, subjects, and terms have status and growth norms?
Status norms (percentiles)Status norms (percentiles) are available for the following subjects and grades:
- Reading: K-11
- Spanish Reading: See user (status) norms below.
- Mathematics: K-11
- Language Usage: 2-11
- General Science: 3-8, 9-10 *
* General science status norms for grades 9 and 10 are available only in the RIT MAP Norms document, and should not be used to evaluate performance in topically differentiated high school science courses such as biology, chemistry, or physics, where science content is more specialized.
Percentiles are available for the following seasons or terms:
- Fall (beginning of year)
- Winter (mid-year)
- Spring (end of year)
User norms are not a nationally representative sample. They are derived from data collected from students who tested during our Spanish Reading pilot. User norms are available for the following grades and terms:
- Grades K-5: Fall and spring only
- Grades 6-8: Spring only
Growth norms are available for the following subjects and grades:
- Reading: K-10
- Spanish Reading: See user (growth) norms below
- Mathematics: K-10
- Language: 2-10
- General Science: 3-8
All subjects and grades for which growth norms were available in 2011 are provided in 2015, with the exception of Science Concepts and Processes, which has been incorporated into the general science assessment.
Term pairs: Growth norms are now offered for six term pairings:
- Fall to winter
- Fall to spring
- Fall to fall
- Winter to spring
- Winter to winter
- Spring to spring
The inclusion of the winter to winter term pair is new to the 2015 norms, and is provided for grades K through 9 in mathematics and reading, grades 2 through 9 in language usage, and grades 2 through 7 in science, where the grade number refers to the student's enrolled grade during the first term of the pair (that is, the first winter).
User norms are not a nationally representative sample. They are derived from data collected from students who tested during our Spanish Reading pilot. User growth norms are available for the following grades and term pairs:
- Fall to spring only