Test results are not showing in MAP Growth reports.
There are several reasons why a score might be missing from reports. This article lists the various reasons, and how to fix them.
Student tested todayReports update overnight. If the student tested today, check back the following day.
The student may be missing one or more required reporting attributes in their profile. All of these attributes must be present in order for student results to show in reports. Update any missing attributes and check reports the next day. See Required student reporting attributes for a list of attributes. To fix missing reporting attributes, see How to repair students who are missing reporting attributes.
Missing reporting attributes
Results can invalid for several reasons including:
Test results are invalid
- Duration too short
- RIT outside valid range
- SEM outside valid range
- High level of rapid guessing was detected. For more information about this, see FAQ: Rapid-guessing, disengagement, and invalidated tests.
Some reports, such as the Achievement Status and Growth (ASG), report do not show results for tests taken outside the test window. See Which reports show tests taken outside the test window? Users with the System Administrator or District Assessment Coordinator roles can verify your organization's test window dates. See Date Setup Before Testing in the MAP Help Center for instructions on viewing or modifying test window dates. Changes to the test window dates will take effect on reports the next day.
Student tested outside the window
If you retested a student, but the new test score is missing from MAP Growth reports, see Retest score missing from MAP Growth reports.
Student was retested
Changes to students, teachers, and test windows take overnight to show on reports. So if you have fixed a problem with a student or teacher profile today, or adjusted the test windows today, the changes will show on reports the next day.
Recent changes to students, teachers, or test windows
Please ensure you are looking at the right report for the specific type of test administered:
K-2 Screening or Skills Checklist, or MAP Growth K-2 tests
- MAP Growth K-2: RIT scores appear on standard MAP Growth reports, such as the Class report, or Student Progress report.
- Screening and Skills Checklist: Results in the form of percent correct appear in the reports listed under MAP Reports > View Reports > MAP Growth Screening and Skills Checklist Results heading. These reports are named Screening and Skills Checklist Class Report and Screening and Skills Checklist Student Report.
A student's screening tests do not appear on certain growth-related reports, such as:
- Achievement Status and Growth Report
- Student Goal Setting Worksheet
- Learning Continuum
- Class Breakdown
See Which reports show Screening tests in MAP Growth?
Check that the student's test was actually completed, and is not suspended and unfinished. See How to find suspended tests or students who have not yet tested.
Test was never completed
The student may be duplicated and the test exists under a duplicate profile. There are a few methods to identify duplicate students:
Student is duplicated
- Search for the student in Manage Students. Try searching using only one or two criteria (like first and last name but not ID) to see if the student has multiple records.
- Users with the District Assessment Coordinator or Data Administrator roles can use the following operational reports to identify potential duplicate students:
If the student is duplicated, see Merging a duplicate student. Tests should appear on reports the day after the student profiles are merged.
If a student is unexpectedly missing from reports and from searches in Manage Students, or you notice that a new student for the term has several term's worth of testing history, it's possible that your organization accidentally merged two different students during the import process. When reconciling errors, you may have accidentally merged two students instead of creating a new profile for the incoming student. Once the new student takes a test, all of the results for the existing student and the new student will appear on the new student's profile.
Students merged incorrectly during import
To resolve this issue:
- Create a new profile for the new student. Go to Manage Students > Create Student and enter all of the information, including required reporting attributes. Students missing reporting attributes will not appear on reports.
- Move the new student's tests to the new profile.
- Modify the original profile to match the original student's information and classes.
If viewing reports by classes, the student may not be assigned to the class. To view which classes a student is currently assigned to or to modify their classes, see: How to add or modify student classes. If the teacher or class is not available to assign, see Teacher missing from MAP Growth reports.
Student is not assigned to the selected teacher or class