Can I manually mark a skill as Mastered?

Document created by Community User on Sep 29, 2016Last modified by Community User on Jun 6, 2017
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Question
Can I manually mark a skill as Mastered?

Answer
Yes, you can manually mark the following items as Mastered: skills in mathematics, vocabulary, or language usage, and instructional reading levels in reading comprehension. You cannot mark reading comprehension skills as Mastered.

To manually change a skill to Mastered, Needs Work, or Passed, take these steps:
  1. In MAP Skills > Dashboard, use the filters to select the subject, strand, and class or student you are looking for.
  2. Click the donut graph to display the heat map.
  3. Select the skill you wish to edit. This will bring up a box where you can edit the skill status.
    User-added image
  4. Click on the status that you want to choose. The numbers on the donut graph will update as soon as you switch back to that view.

When should I manually change the mastery status of a skill?

This feature allows teachers to accurately track student progress in a strand without completely relying on MAP Skills. As teachers work in the classroom, they gain additional insights about a student's mastery of a skill in mathematics, vocabulary, or language usage, and they thus may want to change the designation of that skill.

See also
:

Article Number

Attachments

Outcomes