How to change the NTE path on a Mac.
There are two methods to change the path TestTaker uses for the NTE folder:
(Recommended) Browse to the new NTE folder path in TestTaker:
- Use the below keyboard command while launching TestTaker:
- Power PC Versions: Select Command + Option and open TestTaker.
- Mac OS X 10.5: Press Ctrl + Shift and open TestTaker.
- Mac OS X 10.6 and higher: Press Ctrl + Shift + Option or Ctrl + Shift + Command and open TestTaker.
- TestTaker will launch to the Browse for Folder window.
- Click the + next to the "/" (forward slash).
- Click the + next to Volumes. All mounted drives and volumes will appear.
- Locate and highlight the NTE folder.
- Click OK.
Note: For all versions, you must open the TestTaker application directly, not a shortcut.
(Advanced) Modify the Testtkr.ini file:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Type ~/Library and select Go.
- Browse to ~/Library/Application Support/TestTaker/Bottles/testtaker/drive_c/Program Files/TestTkr.
- Right-click (or Command-click) TestTkr.ini.
- Select Open With > TextEdit. If TextEdit is not available:
- Select Open With > Other...
- From the applications list, select TextEdit.
- Select Open.
- Locate the line in the file that begins with NTE Root Path=
- Enter the new path in the form of Z:\[share name]\[NTE folder].
- Save and close TestTkr.ini.