If you are using Client-Server MAP tests for the first time in one or more of your locations, or you are installing the MAP training environment, you must create a data folder called a Network Test Environment (NTE) on the server for each site. This folder must be shared on the network. NTE Admin 2 is the program you will use to populate the NTE with data.
To create the NTE folder:
- Create a folder on the server.
- Share the folder on your network, so that all testing computers have both read and write permissions.
- Configure NTE Admin 2 and TestTaker to connect to the NTE folder:
- How to install or upgrade NTE Admin 2
- How to change the TestTaker NTE path on Windows
- How to change NTE path on a Mac
- On Windows, one way to find the network path to the NTE folder is:
- Right-click the folder.
- Choose Properties.
- Open the Sharing tab.
- The network path is listed under Network File and Folder Sharing.
- Using NTE Admin 2, download data to the new NTE folder. See Client-Server MAP: How to upload and download data in NTE Admin 2.
- School or district data
- Student data
- Audio (if you are using MAP for Primary Grades)