You are unable to open a zipped file. You may receive various error messages or a program may interfere with your ability to open the file.
Many problems around opening reports stem from zip files not opening or extracting properly. The steps in this article can help resolve various issues with opening zip files, such as:
- Zip file is "unreadable"
- Zip file attempts to open in WinZip
- Zip file attempts to open in Internet Explorer
- Other unexpected behavior
To make sure the zip file is being opened correctly, take the following steps:
- Navigate to the folder location where the zip file was saved.
- Right-click on the zip file and choose Open with...
- Select Windows Explorer.
- If Windows Explorer is not an option, select Choose default program... and select Windows Explorer, then click OK.
- Click Extract all files at the top of the window or in the sidebar. This may have slightly different wording, based on which version of Windows you are using.
- Choose an extraction location, or leave the location as the default to extract to the same folder the zip file was saved to.
- You should now be able to open the files.