There may be times when you need to modify all of the student or instructor IDs in the MAP system due to state requirements, or because you are simply changing your ID structure. You can update your students' or instructors' IDs in bulk by importing a roster file.
Warning: If you use auto-rostering with Clever, please contact NWEA Partner Support for assistance with updating your student and instructor IDs.
To update student or instructor IDs in bulk:
- Download a copy of the Roster File Template from the home page of the MAP Administration and Reporting Center (MARC).
- Determine which type of import you need:
- Updating both students and teachers, or you are also importing classes at the same time: Standard - Add/Update or Standard - Overwrite
- Updating students only: Select the Standard roster type, select the term, then choose Add/Update Students Only
- Updating instructors only: Select the Standard roster type, select the term, then choose Add/Update Instructors Only
- Fill out the required template fields.
- Put the old IDs (the IDs you want to change) in the Previous Student ID field, or the Previous Instructor ID field, as appropriate. To see all current IDs by users within the district, Data Administrators and District Assessment Coordinators can use the User Roles operational report. School Assesment Coordinators can view this report for users that are assigned to their schools.
- Put the new IDs (the IDs you want to use going forward) in the Student ID field, or the Instructor ID field, as appropriate.
- Import the roster file. See How to import rosters for detailed instructions.
- How to use Excel filtering to resolve file format errors
- Importing Student/User Profiles in the MAP Help Center