When trying to confirm a student to start a test, you get a message saying: Some student(s) are unable to test. The student is either active in another session or has an existing test attempt for this subject. Contact your administrator to allow the student to test.
This error indicates that either the student already has a completed or terminated test in this subject, or the student is either Confirmed, To Be Confirmed, Paused, or Testing in another active test session.
Student has an existing test attemptSome organizations restrict tests attempts to once per term. If your organization has configured these restrictions, and a student attempts to start a 2nd test, this error will appear. For most organizations, a terminated test counts as one of the test attempts.
To override these test restrictions, see Overriding a Test Restriction in the MAP Help Center.
If you know that test restrictions are not the issue, check with any other proctor who has attempted to test the student in a different test session today. Even if that proctor was not successful in testing the student, the student may be in an "active" status such as Confirmed.
Student is active in another session
When you find the proctor who was attempting to test the student, that proctor should:
- Navigate to the test session if it is not already open. To do this:
- Go to Manage Test Sessions.
- Click the Return to Testing button in the upper right.
- If you are done with the session for the day, click End Session in the upper right. Then save or delete the session.
- If you are still using this session:
- Locate the student in question.
- Check their status.
- If their status is Paused or Testing, select the student and choose Suspend from the Select Action menu.
- If their status is Confirmed or To Be Confirmed, select the student and choose Do Not Confirm from the Select Action menu.
- The student should now be able to sign in and test in the other testing session.
If the student does not have a previous test, and is not in another testing session, try removing and then re-adding the student to the testing session.