When you try to confirm a student's test, you get the error "Could not update status for (student name): status change failed".
This is an error that may occur when resuming a suspended test.
If you receive this error, try the following steps. If one step does not resolve the issue, move on to the next.
- Refresh the proctor console by pressing F5 on the keyboard (Command + R on a Mac).
- Navigate away from the proctor console by selecting Home at the top of the page. Then return to the test session by selecting Manage Test Sessions > Return to Testing.
- Confirm the test from the student's computer:
- Use the proctor interrupt command on the student's computer.
- Enter the proctor PIN, found in the upper right of the proctor console.
- Select Confirm Student.