When launching the Lockdown Browser, you get an error indicating that you are using an unsupported operating system, such as Windows XP. However, the computer is running on a supported operating system.
This error occurs if the Lockdown Browser is run in compatibility mode, or if it is installed on a network drive that does not run a supported operating system.
Windows: Check for compatibility modeTo check whether the Lockdown Browser is running in compatibility mode:
- Open the file location for the Lockdown Browser application. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\NWEA\Lockdown Browser
- Right-click the Lockdown Browser application and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- If Run this program in compatibility mode is checked, uncheck the box.
- Select OK to save the changes and try the Lockdown Browser again.
If the Lockdown Browser is installed on a network drive, install the Lockdown Browser on each computer locally. The Lockdown Browser was not designed to be run from a network location and may give unexpected errors or have poor performance.
Installed in a network location