A MAP Growth K-2 test is missing audio.
A student does not hear any audio when taking a MAP Growth K-2 test.
For issues with audio missing from only some test items, see:
To troubleshoot this issue, try the steps below. If one step does not work, move on to the next step.
For tests missing all audio:
- Make sure that the test is a MAP Growth K-2 assessment. Only MAP Growth K-2 tests have audio.
- Use the lockdown browser System Health and Diagnostics page (Ctrl-Alt-S while testing; Windows only) to adjust the audio.
- Verify that the computer has sound in other programs.
- Check bandwidth while students are testing to determine whether the minimum requirements are met.
- Go to www.speedtest.net
- Select Portland, Oregon from the map
- Click Begin Test
- Record the download speeds and use them to approximate your available bandwidth during testing
- To understand variations in bandwidth, perform the test at different times during the school day
- Update the sound drivers on the computer.
- Redefine whitelisting settings to remove the wild card (that is, *.mapnwea.org) and add in the specific URLs. See Firewall and Email Configuration in the MAP Help Center.