When you open a saved test session, you get an error titled: Students/tests not assigned to current term
There are two possible versions of this error:
- The student had previously been assigned a test which is no longer available or is restricted by term or grade.
- The student is not assigned to the current term.
Student's assigned test is inactive or restricted:The error message reads: "These students had previously been assigned a test which is no longer available or is restricted by term or grade. If you wish to continue using this Testing Session, please click the "Ignore and Continue" button." The error message includes a list of affected students, and the test they are assigned.
To resolve this error:
- If the students are assigned the wrong test:
- Click Ignore and Continue to open the saved test session. The test assignments for the listed students will be removed.
- Assign the affected students the correct test. See Wrong test assigned to student in MAP Growth.
- If the students are already assigned the correct test:
- Click Ignore and Continue if you wish to open the saved session now. The test assignments for the listed students will be removed. Otherwise, click Cancel.
- Contact the MAP System Administrator or MAP Assessment Coordinator at your organization, who can adjust the settings for the test. See Set Test Restrictions in the MAP Help Center for more information on test restrictions.
The error message reads: "These students cannot be added to your active testing session because they are not assigned to the current term. Click Ignore and Continue if you want to supervise this testing session without these students. A student must be assigned to the current term before they can take a test." The error includes a list of affected students.
Student is not rostered for the current term:
To resolve this issue:
- Click Ignore and Continue or Cancel:
- Ignore and Continue: Opens the saved test session now so you can test other students. The students listed in the error will be removed from the session for now.
- Cancel: Do not open the saved session. The students listed in the error will not be removed.
- Roster the student to the current term. You can do this while the test session is open. See Fix Student Profiles in the MAP Help Center.
- If all students are unrostered: Your organization may not have submitted a roster for the current term. Contact the MAP Data Administrator for your organization if you suspect this is the case.