Test events are low-lighted or grayed out in reports. The most common causes for this issue are described in this article.
The student has taken more than one test in the subjectIf there is more than one test event which meets the criteria for growth test event, then the test event with the lowest standard error of measure — rounded to one decimal place — will be the valid test event. The other will be greyed out. If the tests have equivalent standard errors, see How does MAP choose which test to include on reports when a student retests?
If you wish to change which test is the valid test for growth purposes, you can suppress the unwanted test from reports. There is no way to completely delete a test from the MAP Growth system. To suppress the test, see Fix Test Events in the MAP Help Center.
Student tested outside of the testing window
- Have a System Administrator check the test window dates in the Modify Preferences > Manage Terms section.
- Check the test window dates (not the term window dates) to ensure the test falls within them.
- If necessary, modify the test window dates to include the tests in reports. Reports update overnight.
If the test is invalid and does not have a score, it will be displayed in grey text on the Class report and the Grade report, and have an invalidation code instead of a RIT score. The Students Without Valid Test Results report will also provide an invalid status. The invalidation codes are below:
Test has an invalidation code
- ***1 The test duration was too short to provide a valid result. See Test Invalid - Minimum duration not met .
- ***2 The overall RIT score for this test is above the valid range. See Is there a max RIT score a student can get?
- ***3 The overall RIT score for this test is below the valid range. See Is there a max RIT score a student can get?
- ***4 The standard error for this test is below acceptable limits. See Valid SEM range for MAP Growth.
- ***5 The standard error for this test is above acceptable limits. See Valid SEM range for MAP Growth.
- ***6 The test has been identified as invalid.
- ***7 High level of rapid guessing has invalidated test. See Will disengaged tests appear on reports?