NWEA partners with many instructional content providers who provide targeted instructional tools based on each student's MAP Growth RIT score. This partnership is called the "Instructional Connections" program. With the new Manage Data Partners link on the MAP Administration and Reporting Center (MARC) site, you can set up an automatic, secure transfer of your MAP Growth data to the content provider. This is an alternative to providing the Instructional Connection with a copy of a Comprehensive Data File.
Which Instructional Connection partners does the Manage Data Partners link work with?Currently, the Manage Data Partners feature only works with the following Instructional Connections:
- FEV Tutor
To send your data to other Instructional Connections, you must generate the Comprehensive Data File and follow the content provider's instructions to securely transfer the file to their system. We are working with other content providers to enable data sharing through this tool in the future.
- Instructional Connections at NWEA.org for a full list of Instructional Connections partners
- How to export data in the MAP Help Center
To set up data sharing, you must have the Assessment Coordinator role, and you must have the authority to manage authorization agreements between NWEA and their partners. If you are not sure if you have this authority, please contact a MAP assessment coordinator at your organization. You must also already have an account with the Instructional Connection partner you wish to send your data to.
How do I set up or cancel the data sharing?
- Log in to the MAP Administration and Reporting Center at http://teach.mapnwea.org.
- Select Manage Data Partners on the left.
- A list of available Instructional Connections is listed, along with an icon showing whether you are already sharing data with the provider.
- Select the content provider you wish to configure.
- Read the terms of the data sharing agreement.
- If you agree with the terms, and you have the authority to manage authorization agreements between NWEA and their partners, check the two boxes.
- Select Accept Agreement or Cancel Agreement as appropriate.
- The agreement (or cancellation) is effective immediately. You can cancel or re-authorize the agreement at any time.
- Contact the content provider to confirm that they are correctly configured and ready to pull your data from NWEA.
When the content provider requests your data, it can access:
What data is shared with the content provider?
- Any student in your organization
- Student ID and program participation
- Test details, such as date and duration
- MAP Growth tests only, not MAP Skills, MAP Reading Fluency, or K-2 Screening or Skills Checklist assessments
- RIT scores for all subjects and instructional areas, from all terms
- Norms achievement percentile
- Lexile® scores for reading tests
Lexile® is a trademark of MetaMetrics, Inc., and is registered in the United States and abroad.