How to assign the text-to-speech (or read-aloud) accommodation to a student.
To enable the built-in text-to-speech functionality on a MAP Growth assessment for a student:
- Create or open a test session as normal and assign the test to a student. See Set Up Testing for Students in the MAP Help Center.
- Select the students you wish to assign text-to-speech to.
- Select the Accommodations button.
- In the Embedded Designated Features section, select Text-to-speech. Note that text-to-speech is not supported for K-2 or Spanish assessments.
- Select Assign at the bottom of the screen.
- When the student starts their test, they will see the text-to-speech buttons in the toolbar.
- For information on how students can use text-to-speech, see: