If a student encounters an issue with their headset or microphone, follow the recommendations below.
To resolve issues with student headsets or microphones, try the following steps:
- Tell the student to use their regular speaking voice that is not too loud or too soft.
- Make sure there is adequate space between students while testing. A chair between students is sufficient and eliminates noise that could come from another student.
- Verify that the Mute button is not activated.
- Check for background noises in the lab. For instance, an open window, door, or fan running in the background can be disruptive.
- Try switching headsets.
- If the above suggestions do not resolve the issue, try another computer or device.