How to assign the text-to-speech (or read-aloud) accommodation to a student.
To enable the built-in text-to-speech functionality on a MAP Growth assessment for a student:
- Create or open a test session as normal and assign the test to a student. See Set Up Testing for Students in the MAP Help Center.
- Select the students you wish to assign text-to-speech to.
- Select the Accommodations button. See Accommodations and Accessibility in the MAP Help Center.
- Scroll to either the Embedded Designated Features section and the Embedded Accommodations section.
- The text-to-speech options are located under both sections, and the functionality is the same under either section.
- Select Text-to-speech.
- Select the areas of the test item that will be read aloud. Note that text-to-speech is not supported for K-2 or Spanish assessments. The options are listed below:
- Answer choices
- Assets such as reading passages
- Question directions
- Select Assign at the bottom of the screen.
- When the student starts their test, they will see the text-to-speech buttons in the toolbar.
- For more information on how students can use text-to-speech, see: