Text-to-speech is enabled for a student's test, but it isn't working correctly
There are several reasons why text-to-speech may not be working.
If text-to-speech isn't working correctly, check the following:
- If text-to-speech works, but is mispronouncing or otherwise incorrectly reading the text on a particular question, see How to report a problem item in MAP Growth.
- Check the Accommodations field in the proctor console to verify the student is assigned an accommodation.
- Verify that the text-to-speech accommodation is configured to read the correct sections of the test item. See How to assign text-to-speech to a student.
- Windows: Verify that the student is using the most recent version of the NWEA Secure Testing Browser. See Lockdown Browser: Features, versions, download, installation, and updates.
- Verify that the test is compatible with text-to-speech. MAP Growth K-2 and Spanish language tests do not have text-to-speech functionality.
- Verify that the audio for the computer or device is turned on and is loud enough.
- If text-to-speech is not working for any students, your IT department may need to verify your network settings. See Firewall in the MAP Help Center.