Text-to-speech is enabled for a student's test, but it isn't working correctly
There are several reasons why text-to-speech may not be working.
If text-to-speech isn't working correctly, check the following:
- If text-to-speech works, but is mispronouncing or otherwise incorrectly reading the text on a particular question, see How to report a problem item in MAP Growth.
- Check the Accommodations field in the proctor console to verify the student is assigned an accommodation.
- The student must be assigned an eligible test before you assign accommodations. Text-to-speech is not supported for K-2 tests (including Skills Checklist and K-2 Screening tests) or Spanish language tests.
- Verify that the student is assigned the correct accommodation (for example, text-to-speech vs. human reader) and that the correct sections of the test item are selected:
- If the student is testing, suspend the test, then select the student and choose Test Again from the Select Action menu.
- Follow the steps in How to assign text-to-speech to a student.
- Windows: Verify that the student is using the most recent version of the NWEA Secure Testing Browser. See About the NWEA Secure Testing Browser for Mac and Windows.
- Verify that the audio for the computer or device is turned on and is loud enough.
- If text-to-speech is not working for any students, your IT department may need to verify your network settings. See Firewall in the MAP Help Center.