When a student tries to join a testing session, they get an error: "Please enter the correct Session Name and Password".
The student may be entering the wrong session name or password, or there may be a problem with the session.
To resolve this issue, try the following steps. If one step does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step:
- Check the exact error message:
- Username or password is not correct - This error message occurs when you enter the wrong information for the MAP Growth practice tests. To log in to practice tests, see Practice tests (formerly test warm-ups) for MAP Growth. To log in to a regular MAP Growth testing session, click the X in the upper right to return to the testing session log in screen.
- Unable to log in. Please enter the correct session name and password - Continue with these troubleshooting steps.
- Verify that the student is either launching the testing app for MAP Growth or using the test URL at test.mapnwea.org.
- Verify that the student is entering the correct session name.
- Verify the session password. Session passwords change every day, and every time you re-open a session.
- Remove the affected student from the session, then re-add them. Reassign the test as normal and have the student try to log in again.
- If the session name and password are correct, and no students can join the session, try renaming the session:
- Select End Testing Session.
- Enter a new name in the Testing Session Name field.
- Select Save and Exit.
- Re-open the session and try again. See How to find a saved testing session.