How to add a custom instructional resource

Document created by Community User on Oct 15, 2018Last modified by Community User on Oct 15, 2018
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Introduction
When assigning instructional resources, you can add a custom resource.

Steps

To add a custom resource from Create Assignments 

1. Select the Assignments tab
  2. Select Create Assignments in the upper right
  3. Select Resources.
  4. Select a strand and a skill. It doesn't matter which strand or skill you select, but you may need to uncheck the box for Restrict to Needs Work skills to display skills.
  5. Resources will load. At the top of the resource list, select + Add New Resource.
    Add New Resource
  6. Enter the URL and a description of the resource you want to add.
  7. Select Create and add to save.

To add a custom resource from the Ready for Resources card

Note: If 0 students show as Ready for Resources, you must use the steps above to create a custom resource.
  1. Select the Assignments tab.
  2. Click the Ready for Resources card to display a list of students who are ready for an Instructional Resource and the related skills.
  3. From the list of Skill Names, click View under the heading # of Students for any skill. It doesn't matter which skill you select.
  4. Resources will load. At the top of the resource list, select +Add New Resource.
  5. Enter the URL and a description of the resource you want to add.
  6. Select Create and add to save.
The resource you add will now be available under My Resources for any skill you select. The resource will not be available to other MAP Skills users.

How to assign a custom resource you created previously

1. Begin to create a Resources assignment as you normally would. See How to assign a mission.
  2. When the list of resources loads after you select a strand and skill, select My Resources.
    My Resources
  3. Select the custom resource you wish to assign and proceed with with creating the assignment as normal.

See also:

Article Number

Attachments

Outcomes