NWEA provides MAP Growth Spanish tests in both math and reading as well as sign-in instructions in Spanish for any test.
- Create or open a test session. For instructions on how to create or open a test session, see Set Up Testing in the MAP Help Center.
- Select students and make needed test assignments. When selecting the test to assign, look for the word “Spanish” in the test name (such as “Growth: Spanish Reading 2-5”).
- If assigning accommodations, note that Text-to-Speech is not yet available for Spanish tests.
- To help students join the session, the initial login page has instructions in both English and Spanish. Once students have advanced to the sign-in screen, advise them to check the box for “Mostrar instrucciones en español” to receive further sign-in instructions in Spanish.
- The option to receive sign-in instructions in Spanish can be enabled for any test, including non-Spanish versions.
- The proctor screen does not indicate if a student has selected the option for instructions in Spanish.
- If a student’s test is suspended, the student will need to recheck the box for “Mostrar instrucciones en español” to once again receive instructions in Spanish when resuming the test.
About the student experience
When a student selects the check box for “Mostrar instrucciones en español” on the student sign-in screen, further instructions are presented in Spanish. This includes:
- The student sign-in screens.
- The reset button and question number in the footer of each test item page.
- The paused test notification screen, when applicable.
- Student instructions are unexpectedly displaying in Spanish
- MAP Tests in Spanish in the MAP Help Center