Overview of the features and navigation options on the MAP Skills student site.
Students can access the MAP Skills site in a regular web browser at: https://skillsnav.mapnwea.org. See System Requirements > Browser-only testing in the MAP Help Center for details on supported devices and browsers.
The MAP Skills student home page is called Mission Control and includes the following details and options for each subject area:
Mission Control page
- Progress button: To navigate to the Mission Progress page to check completed assignment history and details.
- New button: To navigate to the Missions page to start or resume an assignment (mission). Students will know they have an assigned mission when a number appears within the button.
Missions pageThe Missions page includes the following details and options:
- Mission Control button: To return to the Mission Control page.
- Viewed Resources button: To review previously accessed instructional resources.
- Assigned mission details:
- Subject area
- Assignment name
- Due date
- Do It Now button: To start or resume the mission.
- The number of missions completed for each subject area.
- This number is cumulative across a student's testing history.
- Only completed Skills Locators and Mastery Checks are included. (Completed Instructional Resource assignments are available from Mission Control > Missions > Viewed Resources.)
- The number of locked and unlocked skills for each subject area and tested strand.
- Students can click to hide and unhide skill descriptions.
- Passed (P) and Mastered (M) skills show as unlocked.
- Needs Work (NW) skills show as locked.
Students are prompted to select an avatar when they first access MAP Skills and can change it at any time by clicking the avatar icon next to their name to navigate to the Select an avatar page.
Select an avatar page
The Select an avatar page has a list of images to choose from and the option to preview and Save the selection.
Rewards pageStudents earn rewards by providing feedback on completed assignments and can view them by selecting Go to Rewards in the upper right of the student site.