Our NWEA consultants have been busy in the field delivering MAP Skills partner workshops. A common question that they encounter in their travels concerns manually changing the status of a skill for a student. Follow the thread below to see how to address this need.
1. Can I manually change the status of a skill in MAP Skills?
- Yes, as you work with students, you may determine that the skill status no longer applies. Rather than re-test, you can directly edit the skill status.
- In the Class Dashboard, search for the student and subject.
- Click the strand "donut" chart.
- When the heat map chart appears, locate the skill.
Click the skill status (or reading grade-level status) and choose the new status from the pop-up:
When Changing Status:
- Unseen — You cannot change back to Unseen (gray) status, so avoid accidental changes.
- Reading skills — You cannot change the skills underlying a reading level.
- Progress graph —The dot showing progress for the week will shift to add or subtract the chosen skill.