jane.nuessen@nwea.org

More On Interpreting MAP Growth Scores...

Discussion created by jane.nuessen@nwea.org on Apr 18, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 18, 2019 by jane.nuessen@nwea.org

This question was received from a partner concerning how to handle a score for a student who somehow took the wrong MAP Growth assessment..

"...when interpreting scores for my school, I came across a 2nd grade student who somehow took the Algebra I test instead of the 2-5 Math test! He scored fairly well (196) by 2nd grade standards! How do I interpret that? He had “a strength in Descriptive Statistics”.  We are having him take the appropriate assessment this week, however, what do I make of his ability to handle these types of problems? I want to provide appropriate support for the student and his teacher, but I’m concerned that if he did that on the Algebra I test, the 2-5 test may not provide an accurate reflection of what he is ready to learn. Any suggestions?"   From: Misty Pelliciotta 

I am tagging some of our profession consultants and support staff to see what their thoughts are on this situation.   Stay tuned for their responses...

Jane Nuessen

Content Designer

NWEA Community Manager

Misty Pelliciotta  Melissa Sass Yvonne Sorenson  Kelli Shipp  Artiya Nash  Fenesha Hubbard  Jeff Gangloff  Tim Neville  Brian May  Pattie Terlep  Danielle Kerns  Joi Converse  Trish Tracy  Patricia Reeder  Terri Howard  Wendy Ihde  Tom Terlep Kathy Dyer 

Outcomes