Andrew Sheu

Reports include last year's students

Discussion created by Andrew Sheu on Sep 22, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 18, 2019 by Andrew Sheu

Hello NWEA folks,

I’m Andrew, the data coordinator from Singapore American School, and I have a question regarding the current and previous rostering for school reports:

When running any report using the current year roster (2019-2020) with the previous year report/scores tested (2018-2019), I get a combined list of students who are from the current year and previous year instead of just the current year students.

For an example Susan Sedro, a teacher in the picture below, gets 42 students instead of 22. We can see the students are from last years 5th grade, and this year’s grade 5 (that appears as grade 4)

Why does this happen, and how can I remove previous year’s students from these reports? This problem does not happen if both Term Rostered and Term tested are 2018-2019, but teachers are interested in viewing of 2018-2019 scores of current 2019-2020 students. I have already re-rostered the current 2019-2020 term (by overwrite function) and the problem persists. I suspect the issue arises because ‘Homebase 5’ is a class in both terms, but from what teachers describe this has not been an issue before.

If you can point out any hints/solutions, that would be greatly appreciated

Best,

Andy

--

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION: This message is intended only for the use of the

individual or entity to whom it is addressed and contains information that

is privileged and confidential. If you, the reader of this message, are not

the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this

communication. If you have received this communication in error, please

notify us immediately by return email and delete the original message.

Unless it relates to the official business of Singapore American School,

any opinions or matters expressed in this message are those of the

individual sender.

Outcomes