Use test warm-ups to help prepare students for testing. There are warm-ups for both MAP Growth and MAP Growth K-2. We also have practice tests for MAP Growth K-2.
K-2 practice tests:Practice tests for MAP Growth K-2 were released in October 2017. These tests do not replace the existing warm-ups. These tests are supported on iPads, and give students a larger sample of questions. They are administered like standard tests, but are automatically invalidated, do not receive a RIT score, and do not appear on any reports.
To access these tests:
- Create or open a test session.
- Assign either the PRACTICE: Math K-2 test (10 questions) or the PRACTICE: Reading K-2 test (8 questions).
- Students can sign in to take the test as they would any other MAP Growth assessment.
For more information on setting up test sessions, see Proctor Steps in the MAP Help Center.
Test warm-ups are available for both K-2 and 2+. Test warm-ups are short sample tests that familiarize students with how to navigate the test. The test warm-up links also include an optional short video introducing the test to students. K-2 test warm-ups are not supported on iPads. Use the K-2 practice tests on iPads.
To access the test warm-ups:
- Students: Click Test Warm-up from the Join Session page in the testing browser or app.
- Teachers and other MAP Suite users: In the MAP Administration and Reporting Center (MARC), select the appropriate test warm-up link in the Information Center section.
The test warm-ups may open in a new browser window. The test-warm up has a sample test and a video covering how to join a test session and answer test questions.