"Test My Class" button is greyed out

Document created by Community User on Jul 19, 2017Last modified by Community User on Jul 26, 2017
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Symptom
The "Test My Class" button is greyed out or not clickable.

Explanation
This indicates that you do not have any classes assigned to you for the current term, or your classes do not have any students assigned.

User-added image

Solution
Resolving this issue will require the assistance of a user with the ability to modify other user records, that is, users with the Data Administrator, Assessment Coordinator, or System Administrator roles.

To add students and classes to the affected user profile, use one of the below methods:

1. Import a standard roster for the current term (recommended).
    • A student-only or instructor-only roster will not create class assignments.
  2. Add classes and students manually:
    1. Create a class in the instructor's profile.
    2. Modify student profiles to add the students to the class, either one-by-one or in bulk.

Why did Test My Class suddenly stop working?

If the Test My Class button was functioning previously, but became unclickable one day, it is likely that the MAP system has rolled over to a new academic term, and your classes have not been rostered for the new term. Users with the Assessment Coordinator or System Administrator roles can view and modify the term start and end dates in Modify Preferences > Manage Terms.

If this is not the case, then you or your students have been unrostered by your organization. Contact your organization's System Administrator or Data Administrator for assistance.

Article Number

Attachments

Outcomes