How to view your students' previous MAP Growth results

Document created by Community User on Jul 20, 2017Last modified by Community User on Jul 24, 2017
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Introduction
When you get new students in your class (or at your school, if you are an administrator), either because it is a new academic year, or because they have transferred from another school or class, you can view their test results from previous terms. This article shows you how.

Steps

For which terms can I view a student's previous results?

When a student transfers to your class or school, you can view their test results as long as the student is rostered to your class (or to your school, if you are an administrator) in the MAP system for at least one term. You will have access to any results for that term, as well as any previous terms, as long as reports are still available for that term. See How long are reports available in MAP Growth? for more details on how far back you can view results on specific reports.

If you are not sure whether a student is rostered to your class, contact your organization's Data Administrator, or see How to add or modify student classes.

Note: Changes made to a student's classroom assignments will take effect on MAP Growth reports overnight.

How do I view a student's test results for a term when they weren't in my class or my school?

Student Progress report (all historical results):
The Student Progress report is a great report to view an individual student's testing history.
  1. In the MAP Administration and Reporting Center, navigate to View Reports > MAP Reports.
  2. Select Student Progress.
  3. Change the Term menu to the latest term for which the student is rostered in your class. It is possible for this to be a future term.
  4. Select the desired report options and select Create PDF Report to generate the report.

Class, Class Breakdown, Learning Continuum, or Achievement Status and Growth reports:
  1. In the MAP Administration and Reporting Center, navigate to View Reports > MAP Reports.
  2. Select the appropriate report.
  3. Set the Term Rostered and Term Tested menus as appropriate:
    • Term Rostered: The latest term for which the student is rostered in your class. It is possible for this to be a future term.
    • Term Tested: The term for which you want to view results.
    • Example: To view last year's spring results for this year's incoming fall class, set the Term Rostered menu to this fall, and the Term Tested menu to last spring.
  4. Select the desired report options and select Create PDF Report to generate the report.

See also:

Note: This article addresses how to view results for students who change classes or schools within the same district or organization. Test results cannot be transferred between separate organizations using MAP Growth. MAP Growth results are owned by the organization with which the student took the test, so if a student transfers to your organization from another organization, their results at that organization will not transfer to yours.

Article Number

Attachments

Outcomes