You are unable to modify term dates within an academic year.
This can occur when there is a conflict with one or more of the dates within a term or academic year.
Check for the following:
- Term dates cannot overlap between terms:
- Compare Term End Date of the previous term to the Term Start Date of the term you are updating. They cannot overlap.
- Compare the Term Start Date of the next term to the Term End Date of the term you are updating to make sure they don't overlap.
- Term dates cannot have gaps, the start of a term must be the day following the end of the previous term.
- For example, if if the fall term end date is 11/30, then the winter term start date must be 12/1.
- Test window dates must be within the term window dates for the term.
- The first and last days of the academic year - the fall term start date and the summer term end date - cannot be adjusted in Modify Preferences. See Changing the fall term start date for more information.